Tuesday, November 11, 2008

extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy

that title is not a type-o. that is the procedure that i am having this friday. if you wanna be cool then you can just call it lithotripsy. last week i got a ct scan of my kidneys. as you all know, i have had a kidney stone before. the results show that i have not one, not two, but THREE kidney stones!! i have one honker that is partially blocking my ureter (the tube that takes the pee from your kidney to your bladder) on my left side, and two little guys in each kidney. i couldn't believe it when i saw it. so on friday i get to have this big sucker blasted into tiny pieces and a stint put in my ureter to party with me over the weekend. then next week i will get it taken out and hopefully all the pieces of this rock will come out with it. i am really nervous.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, way to volunteer your body for some serious nursing practice! That's generous of you. I had no idea you were so into school! :) j/k, but if it reassures you at all, my grandma has had lithotripsy and she came out fine if not better. Good luck and enjoy your stint party.

Katy said...

Ooh that sounds painful!! I will be thinking about you!