Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 5

Part One. Well James left today for a week of fun in Utah. On our way to the airport I asked him where he wanted to stop for lunch. He wanted a Keva juice. So there we went.























Of course I am sad to have him gone for a whole week, but I got over it on the way home from the airport by rocking out to old-school Celine and sipping my Strawberry Squeezer Keva juice.

Part Two. As I sit here on the couch thinking of what to write about Part Two of my day, my heart is full. I never thought that I would have a great friend that wasn't my sisters or mother. Well I am so thankful to say that I have found such a wonderful friend in Christina. Today I got dressed up in my witch costume thinking I was going to her work Halloween party with her. When I went to her house to get her, there were five other witches in the family room who yelled, "Surprise!" I couldn't believe my ears or eyes! Anne Marie had even driven all the way from El Paso to be here for my birthday. I had such a fun time. I want Christina to know that I am so grateful for her friendship. She is such a sweet person and so incredibly thoughtful. Thank you so much!














4 comments:

Katy said...

I am so sorry I missed all the fun! I was so bummed when I tried to find someone to trade shifts with me (I work Saturday nights) and nobody would! I was thinking about you anyway though! I wasn't sure what Christina was going to tell you to get you there! That's cute that she said you were going to her work party! Well, I am so glad you had fun! It looks like it was a blast! Happy Birthday still!

Christina said...

Awww, you're SO nice.

It was SO fun planning the party. I don't know about anyone else but I had a blast.

And. Your. Hair. Was. Awesome. (before you put it up, anyway)

Carli said...

It's so weird to see you, of all people, looking large when they're standing next to someone. But Christina took care of that one for ya. I guess you do have heels on. Does everyone on this blog realize how short you are, I can't imagine how tiny Christina is.s

Lindsey said...

My husband and I were driving home from Midland tonight and we wanted to stop to get a Keva Smoothie for the drive. We live in Andrews. I wanted to see if it was open since it was 9:30 at night. Do they close at 9:00 or 10:00? So I typed in "Keva Smoothie Midland Texas" in google on my phone. And your blog was number 2 on the search results. We just ended up driving to keva to see if it was open. It closes at 9:30. So it was kind of a waste.
But I did find your blog! And remembered to look it up when I arrived home! Thanks for the entertainment. I am interested in knowing your guy's STORY. Utah? Nursing school? Living in Midland? Random:). But then again... I am from California and my husband is from Guam. I went to college Canada... now living in Andrews, Texas. I shouldn't be calling people random. ha! Have a great night!