Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend in Kaysville

This weekend has been so wonderful. James got to Utah on Friday night. On Saturday we went out to breakfast at our favorite local breakfast restaurant: Grannie Annie's. It was delicious! After that we (James, Joel, Suzanne, and I) went to the Ogden temple. It was so special to go to the temple with Joel before he leaves on his mission. Joel and James. (James wanted to do the dorkiest pose he could think of. I think he succeeded.)

James and his sweet mommy Suzanne

After the temple we went back to the house and hung out for a little while. That evening we went to see The Dark Knight. It was pretty good. Heath Ledger did amazing in it, but it was entirely too long and Batman's voice when he is in costume is ridiculous. Anyway, it was a fun evening.

On Sunday we all got up really early to take new family pictures in the front yard. I'm glad we did it in the morning because by last night I had a huge tumor (zit) on my chin. So fun. Joel's farewell was so special. He gave an awesome talk and sang with his good buddy. Lydia also surprised Joel by singing his favorite song. It was such a special sacrament meeting and I was so glad to be there with people that I love. Yesterday was filled with food and fun. We pretty much ate all day long and visited with eachother. And what would a Sunday in Kaysville be without a little Rock Band? Here are the rest of the pictures from the weekend:

James and his brothers, Matt and Joel

cute Davis, he is showing us where his brains are

this is Joel's nightly skincare regimen. if you look closely you can see his retainer!


4 comments:

Elaina said...

Cousin, I tagged you. I know you love me :) Just copy and paste. Have fun!

Elaina said...

Cute pictures by the way.

Laurel said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. So good that you and james can be together again. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Joel looks glowing in the top picture! New aura for a new missionary.