Monday, August 31, 2009

more than halfway

I started school today. I'm in my second to last semester! Only eight more months baby! This semester we are focusing on obstetrics and pediatrics. Sweet. I can't wait for clinicals. My teacher is cool. He is deaf so he (obviously) can't hear the volume or pitch of his voice which makes listening to lectures really fun.

Today after lunch I almost passed out... not so much fun. I felt really weird and started sweating really bad. I thought, "oh my goodness, not again". I left class, walked out into the hall while my vision started to blur, started feeling really dizzy, finally made it to a comfy chair, sat down and planted my head between my knees. I stayed there for about twenty minutes feeling a little helpless. Two of my favorite nursing instructors came to my rescue bringing with them Dr. Pepper and two Hershey's miniatures. I cried, of course. After about five minutes I was fine. Totally weird?... yes, I think so. My blood sugar wasn't low because I had just eaten lunch. And it's not like I was doing anything super strenuous, although I haven't used my brain as much as I did today for about 2.5 months. I think it was just a fluke. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Yes, it was just a fluke.

2 comments:

Christina said...

you're pregnant aren't you? just kidding. kind of. are you?

also i don't care to think about how many more months you have left because that just means you'll move away. I DON'T WANT YOU TO MOVE AWAY!

James and Mary said...

no i'm not pregnant. and we're still not sure exactly when we are moving, so don't you fret.