Saturday, August 22, 2009

I "look terrible"

Last night as I got home from Ladies' Night James informed me that I "look terrible". To which he immediately back-pedaled and said, "You're beautiful, I can just tell that you feel terrible". I did feel (and probably look) terrible, it's true. I have had major bad allergies which, in my body, always turns into a nasty cold. So I took some NyQuil and went to bed. That stuff burns so good when it goes down. I slept horribly. I woke up at 2:00 am with a leaky faucet for a nose so I grabbed some toilet paper, which was conveniently placed on my nightstand, and stuffed some in each nostril. I tried to go back to sleep with no avail. I finally got back to sleep to be awoken by my cute hubby's alarm at 5:00 am. I was awake until 6:00. I was almost in tears at this point. Finally at 6:00 I got up and took some Afrin. This is a miracle drug. You squirt a few squirts in each nostril and TA-DA, you can breath. I finally went back to sleep and woke up at 9:00 this morning. I got up and took a Claritin-D (also a miracle drug) and some Tylenol.

You see, we are going to Las Vegas today. I must feel better. I have been trying to heal myself through sheer determination and will-power. So far, it's not working. Good thing I have many a drug book for references and a Dad who knows everything or I would probably overdose on all the medications I have been pumping into my bod.

1 comments:

Katy said...

I hope you've had fun! I always seem to get really sick right before fun trips, so I totally understand the frustration!