Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"When you give blood everybody wins!"

Ok I know it's Wordless Wednesday, but I just had to blog. Guess what I did?? I donated blood. Our stake had a blood drive and I like to donate whenever I can, so I went. When I walked in the church I saw one of the little girls in my ward. She was sitting in a chair, ghostly white, with icepacks all around her neck. It brought back memories of this one time when I was in the ER getting an IV and James passed out. Funny story: I had a kidney stone last October so I spent many days in the emergency room. I was getting an IV and James was sitting in the corner, not even looking. I looked over at James and he was completely white. He raised his hand in the air and said, "I'm going to pass out." And then sure enough, he did. Afterwards I sent him out to get some food. I'm scared for when we have kids.

Anyway- back to the blood donation. I was sitting there waiting to get started. The phlebotomist was having a hard time with the patient before me, and this made me nervous. I should be so used to this (being a phlebotomist and all), but I had to look away when she stuck me. Needless to say, I was fine and lived through it. I even got a free t-shirt, a Dr. Pepper, and some mini Nutter-Butter sandwich cookies. Yum. Here are some pics of my war wounds and the rewards that came from it:

0 comments: