Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm in charge of decorations tomorrow for Standard's Night at the church. I got very specific instructions on what decorations to get. For example: I was told to get black and white balloons. I said, "OK I will just get a dozen and we can have two balloon bouquets," to which I was answered, "No I like odd numbers, so do 5 and 5... 3 white and 2 black in one, and 3 black and 2 white in another." And I needed to get black, circular confetti. I searched the party store and even asked an employee to help me. All I found were black circles mixed with silver and red circles. I would've just left them as is, but with the specific-ness of the previous request, I decided to waste an hour of my time to separate the tiny pieces of black circle confetti from the rest of the pack. Oh yeah, and I bought two packs. Awesome.

5 comments:

Christina said...

You're so talented, Mary.

That shirt you're wearing looks really familiar.

Hey, so does that smirk!

:)

Carli said...

Oh Mary, you're definitely going to get extra blessings for that.

larshannon said...

I think I might have snorted.

Jared was in charge of the plates and napkins and you know the instructions must have been specific because he verified with me 3 times that I get black and white plates and black and white napkins. I really wanted to find some checker board plates, but alas.

Katy said...

Ha ha ha! I think it is funny! She definitely knows how she wants things, but I think that is what makes her so good at what she does! :)

Ally said...

Hehe...wonder who you're talking about...