Saturday, September 5, 2009

before and after pics.... finally

So, remember this? Well I finally got the "after" pictures. This is how the room looked before the previous owners moved out: My poor Mommy and I were in this stinkin' room for about eight hours painting. Towards the end we started getting a little delirious from all the paint fumes. Awesome. It was all worth it though, because it turned out so dang cute. Here we are just getting started. I had just finished sketching the flowers on the wall: (My legs, for some reason, look like tree trunks in this picture, so please just look away from the gray monsters)

And here are the "after" pictures: (I can't take credit for the stems of the flowers, that was all my Momma)
And here is the person we did this all for:
A few days after I left they painted some stripes around the whole room.
You likey?

5 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Great job Mary and Ruthy! I will make sure to call you when Ellery has a room of her own.
It reminds me of my Mom's sewing room, she has some flowers along one wall with a quote that says "The world laughs in flowers"

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Wait...I think the quote says "The EARTH laughs in flowers" What ever you get the point!! Love ya!

Laurel said...

It turned out so cute. It's even better in real life. Great job you two. Sophi will love it for a long long time I'm sure.

Brooke said...

That looks great! Such a cute room for a really cute girl!

Ally said...

I love it!