Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Everything's fine, nobody is hurt, but..."

Last night as I was washing my face for bed I heard my phone ring. It was late and when I saw it was my good friend Christina I immediately thought someone was hurt. So I answered the phone. It took about three "hello's" for her to answer. And she was crying. Now I knew someone was hurt. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hello?..... Hello?...
C: Mary?
Me: (in a panic) what's going on?
C: you're going to think I am so silly.... there's a mouse in my house
Me: (relieved) do you need us to come over?
C: I think I'm going to throw up
Me: we're on our way
C: I just need James to come kill it or something

That's the gist of it. So James and I got in the car and drove over. We laughed hard about the predicament that poor Christina was in, sorry Christina.

This mouse was brave. It ate the peanut butter off the trap while James was right there on the floor and I was in the room too, on the phone with Christina's mom. I saw my first mouse-trap in action last night. I get the chills just thinking about it.

On the way home we laughed some more. James told me that if I ever call him past 10:30 pm to start the phone call with "everything is fine, nobody is hurt..."

2 comments:

Christina said...

hahahahahahahahahahahah.

i can laugh too now.

:)

you guys are the best.

Katy said...

Ahhh...poor Christina! I think everyone has to have those kind of friends that you can call at anytime of the day or night for however big or small the emergency may be! Glad she's laughing about it now!