Tuesday, May 13, 2008

by the way (a silly wife making up for the silly things she says)

My sweet hubby's birthday was on saturday. May 10, 1982. He is now 26 years old!! I am so lucky to have such a great guy. He is my best friend and I love that I get to spend eternity with him.

Funny/ kinda sad story... on Saturday I went to a class with my mom in the morning. I knew James wouldn't be awake before I left for the class so I just figured he would call me when he woke up. So the class ended at 12:30 pm and James still hadn't called. I picked up my cell and called him. He answered and the first words out of my mouth were, "What the crap?!" in which he replied, "Don't you mean 'Happy Birthday James'?" OH MY GOODNESS! I felt so bad. I tried to backpedal but the damage had already been done. I didn't forget it was his birthday, I just forgot that Saturday was infact May 10th. I know that is a lame excuse, but it's the only one I've got.

So I just want to let James and everyone else know how grateful I am for him. I am the luckiest girl. I love you with all my heart.

4 comments:

Christine said...

You guys ARE so silly! But you love each other so much it's great!! Happy Birthday James!!!

Carli said...

what a doofus. I'm a little bit embarrassed to call you "sister"

Christina said...

silly girl. did you at least buy him a present? oh and i just realized i need you to play your violin for my lesson in JULY, not JUNE. will you be around the third sunday that month?

Christina said...

well maybe the rs presidency will let me switch my lessons... i really want you to play!