Friday, December 4, 2009

my husband is very funny (unintentionally) when on drugs

remember that time when my hubs hurt his knee? well he hurt it pretty bad. he tore his ACL, his meniscus, and chipped his femur. after about a month of waiting, we finally got it fixed. major surgery... total bummer. but of course i brought my camera along so as to document this day:

first time ever that his leg has been hairless:


james did some awesome things while under the influence of heavy-duty drugs. the anesthesiologist came in before surgery to do a femoral nerve block so he gave james some great drugs to make him sleepy. when the guy left i asked james if his arms felt heavy. he told me no, and just to prove it, he started dancing with just his arms and thumbs. it reminded me of Grease. then after the surgery i was helping him get his clothes back on. i gave him his sweatshirt and went to get his shoes. when i turned around this is what i found:

he told me he was just taking a break. he seriously sat there for over a minute. i couldn't pass up the opportunity, so i grabbed my camera, snapped a picture, and helped him finish dressing. i was laughing so hard. the nurses probably thought i was a terrible wife, laughing at my husband when he was just a few hours post-op.
so now we are at home. james is thoroughly drugged up. all is well.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Too funny! Poor James! Hope he is resting well!

larshannon said...

Hey James we shared surgery day plus I got made fun of too. Hope you heal quickly.

P.S. I like the Samson song...

Preston said...

First time your leg has been hairless? I doubt it...