Monday, June 14, 2010

my good news

i sit here trying to come up with an interesting way to say what i want to say. i ask james for help cuz i know he is great with words. but all he can do is sit on his big purple exercise ball and play a song on his guitar that he made up about not wanting to go to work. i’ll admit, the song makes me laugh. but this is serious stuff.

last night i had a meltdown of sorts. i mostly blame it on the weekends. i hate weekends. but there are other factors in play now. like the constant nausea, or the pizza that my face has become, or the weight gain. oh the weight gain. i blame it on the constant nausea. the only thing that helps is eating… all the time. and not the healthy stuff either. eating stuff like cereal or bread. my emotional state is hung in the balance by a tiny wire. james scoffs at that statement. he thinks it’s an understatement. he said he would use the word twine, because it is way wimpier than wire.

well i hope these words clearly expressed what i am trying to say. if they didn’t, then you are kind of a dummy.

13 comments:

Preston said...

What is wimpier than twine? Whatever it is, that is what was holding up Breck's emotions during her pregnancy. Congrats, I'm excited for you guys!

christina said...

I think that paragraph was perfect. Bravo, dear Mary.

I'm jealous you have a reason for your weight gain (which really, I haven't noticed).

You should call me next time you want to eat. I'm always up for that.

Also, would you tell James we would like to hear that song he made up? Next time you come over, bring the exercise ball and the guitar. We want the full effect.

We love you guys. :)


-c

Unknown said...

YAY!!! a bitty James or Mary to love. I couldn't be more excited. It'll all be worth it so - eat up! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

WAHOO!!!! I am so excited for you! And it's about time!

jimandjanetmcallister said...

Mary, I can sympathize! I hope you feel better soon, the 2nd trimester is soooo much better than the first! We are so very happy for you guys! :)

Christine said...

Congratulations!!! Keep us updated. We are so excited for you!

larshannon said...

Congratulations! A little bitty :)

Anonymous said...

I totally understood what you were trying to say. I've been going through the same thing. This World Cup has got my nerves all flustered too. Which team are you cheering for that's causing all this emotional meltdown?

Love,

your cousin,

Paul

Kristie said...

Congrats Mary. Sorry about the sickness it will get better. and really who cares about the weight gain this is your time to eat things you normally wouldn't. If your going to gain weight anyway eat and enjoy. That's my motto being pregnant. (maybe that is why I'm still working on my baby weight and she is 9 months) but I ate what I wanted and enjoyed every minute of it.

Laurel said...

We are so excited for you. Congratulations!!! You know Carli couldn't keep it a secret, so I've known for some time, but we are thrilled for you. Don't get mad at Carli! Can't wait to hear the updates and see some pics.

The Dutsons said...

Ditto to other comments. Whenever Nate wants another kid I just say, "Remember how great the first three or four months of pregnancy were?" I'm way excited for you though :)

Brimaca said...

Weight gain?! You don't look like you've gained a thing! Congrats on the new baby. I think back about when I had my first all the time. There is NOTHING more exciting. I still get excited with each, but the first, nothing compares.

Camilla said...

Congratulations! and you dont look like you gained anything to me!